Full Time Interior Designer
325 Grand Ave. Des Moines, IA 50309 | 515.283.2451
Click here to view PDF
Since 1889, the dedicated people at Koch Office Group have been passionate about solving the business problems of our clients, while bringing competitive prices, superior delivery, and outstanding personal service to businesses across the state of Iowa, and beyond. Koch Office Group is a full-service office furniture dealership; the preferred source for Teknion and OFS in central Iowa. With quality products that is built to last to have the flexibility to change as your business develops backed by an extended warranty. Office design and furnishings tell your clients, your employees, and the business community who you are, and what you value. They impact employee productivity and maximize your valuable square footage as your business grows.
- Programming, schematic/conceptual design, design development, contract documents,
procurement contract administration, project management of project until completion
and client satisfaction.
Participate in selection of furniture systems, ancillary furnishings and accessories; create
- Review specifications to verify product application and provide offer alternatives for cost
- Respond to and create bid documents in a competitive environment
- Work collaboratively with other members of the design department, through all phases
of the design process.
- Work collaboratively with designers from other firms on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Participate in all required meetings (training, vendor visits, etc.)
- Thoroughly understand clients request and translate that successfully into an innovative
- Educate architects, designers and end users on the company, manufactures and
products represented by Koch Office Group.
This is a brief overview of some of the tasks that will be completed on a day to day basis. Tasks
change based on work load and project type.
Applicants must have a four-year degree in interior design from an accredited program or equivalent.
- Possess strong space planning and renderings skills, must be able to problem solve for an appropriate solution.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively to balance given workload.
- Possess excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
- Work efficiently both with the design team and independently.
- Ability to understand projects and clients to work within project scope and maintain a well though out budget and schedule.
- Ability to read and scale floor plans, blueprints, and engineering drawings.
- Computer knowledge of the following programs: AutoCAD, Sketchup, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Rendering Software.
- Knowledge of specification software is a plus.
- Background and experience in workplace design.
- Experience in FF&E specification, design development, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Familiarity with major commercial furniture lines.
- Energetic with a positive attitude!